Monday, June 2, 2014

Wonderful Wolf-Guard Rune Priest!

Truth be told, I have been able to get quite a bit of work completed during my brief hiatus; and this post was supposed to be a ways out... but he turned out too cool to not share him!  I have been completing a series of projects for different clients, but the Space Marine Deathwatch army has been a true joy!  Comprised of different Space Marines from different chapters, it makes the fun, fluff and flair to fun to ignore!

This is a Space Wolf Rune Priest that was completed, which has been seconded to the Deathwatch to serve over a kill team.  Shredding his Space Wolf Grey, and donning the Deathwatch Black is especially hard for the Sons of Russ, but they never ignore there call to serve!  The model is actually a converted Njal Storm caller from third edition... and here he is!
I love the dynamic spell casting pose of this model!  (I wonder if this is where Gandalf got his dramatic pose for the movie because this model predates him!)


I was a little trepidacious about the runes on his armor and staff (I have painted this mini before), but I am pleased with the results! :D


 With all of the wolf tassels and pelts, it was a bit nerve-wracking to get the blends on the fur as I like them... but after patiently working through them, I think the effect is worth the effort!  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment