Thursday, January 23, 2014

WIP: Inquisitor Storm Bolter Converison/Pinning!

I had to chuckle as I was getting ready for this post because some of the people I communicate with online had some recommendations about this very topic being addressed today: that would be pinning models!

Currently, I have been wanting to add a storm-bolter to an Inquisitor model that has been sitting on my shelf for a very long time.  With the recent release of 6th edition 40K, I have to get a token battle force ready and the most easily "alliable" force (in my opinion) is the Inquisition!


Here I am checking to see what the Storm-bolter is going to look like (and where I need to pin in it to the hand) in order to get the right look I am after!

 
I am using a pin-vice to drill a hole into the place where I want the 'pin' to sit in order to glue the miniature together.  Truthfully, it took me a number of years to actually put aside my clumsy mini-hand-drill before I tried the pin-vice.  Take it from someone who has been doing this awhile; make the switch if you haven't already!

After pre-measuring the proper depth in the holes I have drilled with a brass rod, I am now cutting the rod to the proper length that will be used in order to pin the Storm-bolter in place.

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE:
Always check to make sure that everything fits BEFORE you glue it in!
(If you don't... you will be sorry! YES! I am speaking from experience! LOL!)
 
Here I am, holding my breathe while I put a dab of super-glue in the fist with the pin carefully positioned in!
 
Now I am  pressing the glued and pinned hand into the Storm Bolter being VERY careful not to glue my fingers to it as well! :D

Here he is with the Storm Bolter pined to the hand, and the hand and arm attached to the Inquisitor! Ta'da!!!  I am pleased with the result... what do you think?
 
Here is a brief tutorial video which covers the process I just went through with you:

No comments:

Post a Comment