Thursday, August 18, 2022

Lou Rollins - Salt Lake Open Hobby Track Scoring Rubric

Category 1 – Basic Painting (10 Possible)

·       Is the Army painted to at least a battle ready standard?

·       Yes! And I have put in a ton of extra effort!

Category 2 – Basic Techniques (5 Possible)

·       I have a uniform color and them across my Deathwatch army: Black, Red!

·       All my basecoats are applied with a “two thin coats!”

·      
Every unit, and every model are marked with their: kill-team number, squad marking, and battlefield profile!

·    A picture containing text, different

Description automatically generatedIf you look closely, you will see: edging, object source lighting, and highlights.

Category 3 – Advanced Techniques (8 Possible)

·       Everyone of my models has a high level highlighting and edging.

·       More than half of my army and models has been added in the last several months with advanced highlighting and edging, as well as OSL techniques!

·       Great Attention to detail on highlights, buckles, markings have been provided to every model in my army—even down to the grenades, scrolls and filigree.

·       More than half of my army has been painted in the last year, and has great attention to detail with glazing, washes, feathering and edging.

Category 4 – Expert Techniques (7 Possible)

·       All of the miniatures in my army have custom company markings on their knee-pads and in other obscure places. Any scrolls have names on them.

·       More than half of my army uses glazing, feathering, edging and masterclass blending techniques to get the “shine” on the black Deathwatch armor.

·       I hope this army leaves you feeling impassioned with the Hobby of Warhammer 40k!

Category 5 – Basing (5 Possible)

·       My army is definitely “Battle Ready!”

·       Many of my models not only have various textured bases, but they also have various xenos parts and appendages depending on which squad they are!

·       There are tiny little details all over my bases (look closely and see what treasures you can find!)

Category 6 – Conversions (4 Possible)

·       My entire army is kit-bashed! Most at a simple level, but a few at a very high level!

·       Every single model has a head-swap, weapon swap, rotated appendages, etc.

·       Several of my key characters and sergeants have extensive work done including, green-stuff, pinning, appendage alterations, drilling, sawing and fabrication.

Category 7 – Bonus Points (5 Possible)

·       I have a cohesive theme! (You should read my short story I wrote!)

·       My display board functions as a carrying tray, but also a kewl themed tray!

·       (I have painted for Frontline Gaming, and Warhammer Studio! Shhhh)

No comments:

Post a Comment